Mounting the snorkel higher on the vehicle reduces the amount of dust in the air intake system and the intake air is cooler. It also provides protection against water entering the system during deep water passages.
• Snorkel made of polyethylene
• Original air filter box lower section must be replaced.
• Important: The snorkel intake opening must point permanently to the rear in order to fulfil warranty conditions.
• The Volkswagen Warranty is preserved only if the snorkel is fitted properly and used.
• Volkswagen has granted a Certificate Of No Objection (CNO).
Certificate Of No Objection
The Certificate Of No Objection (CNO) from Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles confirms that Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles has no objection to this conversion, provided it is fitted properly.
Despite the existence of a positive CNO assessment by Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, SEIKEL GmbH remains solely responsible for the roadworthiness, operational safety and endurance of its fitted parts and conversions as well as for the complete converted vehicle, inasmuch as the vehicle properties are affected by the conversion.
The executing company bears unlimited responsibility for the proper execution of the conversion and/or modifications. This also applies to damage which may arise from modifications to the basic vehicle. Volkswagen AG assumes no adhesion for any such damage.
In addition, this Certificate Of No Objection only applies if the design, production and assembly methods applied by the company executing the modifications comply with the state of the art.
SEIKEL GmbH assumes the customary national warranty for its products in accordance with its General Terms and Conditions of Business.